In order to accommodate different course types and schedules across schools, we’ve enhanced our Video Classes LTI tool. Here are the key updates for the tools:
- Teachers can now hide Zoom recordings from appearing in the Video Classes page
- The Video Classes tool will show recordings for multiple Zoom sessions in a day
Hide Zoom recordings
Teachers should use breakout rooms or a separate Zoom meeting to conference with instructional staff. However, if you need to hide a Zoom recording from Canvas for any reason, follow the instructions below.
1) First, make sure to edit the recording at https://zoom.us/recording regardless of whether you hide it within Canvas; this will ensure that even if students get access to the recording they won't see confidential information. Be sure to hide the recording anyway, though; what you're hiding below is the un-edited version.
2) Navigate to the Video Classes tool in your course sidebar, find the recording, and click View Class Recording.
3) In the recording viewer, click "Hide this Class Recording." If there are multiple recordings for the same day, make sure you choose the correct one at the top.
The recording will no longer be visible to students in the Video Classes tool.
For multiple Zooms in one day
The Video Classes tool will show all the session recordings with corresponding attendance records for teachers to review.